Thank you for sending me an e-mail. Your Greek-themed debut sounds lovely, and it’s absolutely great that you’ve decided to D-I-Y your invites– it just makes everything even more personal and intimate!
Here are some ideas that, hopefully, you might find helpful 🙂
1. DIY Ancient Scrolls
READ THE RED KITCHEN’S BLOG HERE
Tip: If you don’t have craft paper, you can soak white paper in coffee, and then pick it up and let it dry under the sun for a brown, crisp look.
2. Create a headdress like this one, and attach a tag to it with the details of your party
3. My favorite: Just use simple fonts and a simple layout with iconic Greek borders (and yup, the color gold is the way to go!!)
(I’m actually selling these for 40-50 pesos each hahaha!)
Remember, the best part of debut-preps is having friends and family around to help you out! So don’t be shy to ask for a hand, they’ll be happy to be there for you.
Hope these tips helped! And God bless on planning your debut 🙂
This magical kingdom of delicious ramen is located at the third floor of SM Megamall Fashion Hall. We had to fall in line for 30 minutes just to get inside the restaurant— it’s that much of a craze. But don’t worry, because the waiting period was so worth it. My family and I LOVED dinner that night!
I had a SHIROMARU CHASHU (Shiromaru with simmered pork belly; 470PHP), while my mom and dad had the SHIROMARU SPECIAL.
Ippudo’s serving size was huge! My sister and I weren’t that hungry, so we shared one bowl and it was just enough for both of us. Seriously. It’s that big. :))
1. Curry Cheese Harumaki (190 PHP)
Oh god I fell in love with these rolls! Imagine hot cheese oozing from inside the crispy fried wrapping!!! Yum yum yum!
It was Christmas season when we went here so the mall was open til 12MN. My folks and I stayed up til late at night just because we had such a good time together haha.
In the Philippines, prom season happens some time around January to March. And since it’s already prom season, allow me to share you some tips for your very special night! 🙂
Beware: most of the photos here are ANCIENT! lol! (circa 2011-2012)
1. Avoid the rush!
2. Print prom dress pegs to serve as a guide
Think of what look you’re going with for prom. Decide whether you want a fairytale ball gown, a cute little cocktail dress, or somewhere in between. Already have a color in mind? Perfect. Gather all your pegs in one mood board to serve as your fashion inspiration! You may google celebrity red carpet events or even blogs to get ideas from.
3. Preparing for prom doesn’t have to be expensive!
4. Have your nails done one or two night/s before!
|Photo from Bria Cardenas|
5. Get a good night’s sleep!
6. Charge your phones/cameras!
7. Prepare at least 5 hours before the event
8. Powder and lipstick will come in handy
|This photo was from my debut. Looking for debut tips? Click HERE.|
9. It’s always better with friends around!
Sure, having a date to prom is fun, but that doesn’t mean you’ll have fun any less without one!
Prom is definitely a great bonding sesh with your barkada. When I was in highschool, my parents wouldn’t allow me to go on sleepovers. So my friends booked a room just beside the room that my parents and I stayed at. We connected the two rooms, and then had a sleep-over. How sweet, right? Haha! We even prepared for prom night together and did a mini photo-shoot before we entered the ballroom.
10. Lastly, don’t forget to be confident, let loose, and just have fun!
Then, we went to The Country Club to have a scrumptious lunch! 🙂
Right outside The Country Club was this big, fun children’s activity ground where, apparently, (fake) snow fell.
We got out of the car and quickly ran up to the entrance where we were greeted by the lady guard who asked us “Ilan adults?” =)))) (yes, this was a children’s place kasi HAHA)
I shyly and awkwardly replied “uhm… four.”
After playing around with snow to a winter wonderland-themed Christmas music playlist, we headed over to Sky Cafe and La Presa. It was quite a long ride going there. We literally were so up high, we were already above the clouds!
1. Follow @theteenagequeen and @simonesfashioncloset on IG
2. Like The Diary of a Teenage Queen and SIMONE’S CLOSET on Facebook
3. Regram this photo with the caption “I’m on a statement necklace high! I want to win these cuties from @theteenagequeen x @simonesfashioncloset #theteenagequeengiveaway” make sure to make your accounts PUBLIC so I can view your entry!